Saturday, May 14, 2016

Emerald Cup 2016 - Crystal Steffler

When IFBB Women's Historian and expert on all things female muscle Steve Wennerstrom comments that you have "Lots of potential for the future," you know you're doing something right.

Such is the case for 23-year-old Crystal Steffler, bikini competitor and fitness model. 

Crystal walked away with Bikini C honors at the 2016 Emerald Cup. Displaying an outstanding physique and an even stronger stage presence, the registered nurse by trade appears ready to make her mark on the muscle world.

What is your height, competition weight and off-season weight?

5-3, 122 pounds and 135 pounds.


How did you get started lifting weights and training?

I met a girl who was in amazing shape and she told me that she was working with a trainer to compete in a fitness competition. I then became interested in achieving that level of fitness which led me to lifting weights.


What inspired you to start competing?

I met my trainer Jeremiah Glasenapp and he encouraged me to compete.


How long have you been training?

I have been training since the fall of 2013.


How old were you when you did your first show?

Twenty-one.


Were you athletic growing up?

Yes, I have always enjoyed exercise. I was a cheerleader all throughout grade school. I ran the 800-meter relay in track and field and was on the cross-country team in high school. I've ran four half-marathons as well.


If you could change one thing about your physique, what would it be?

I want to work on gaining more ab definition and continue to grow my glutes.


What are your goals as a competitor?

My dream is to get my IFBB pro card and compete as a professional bikini athlete.


What do you think is the strongest part of your physique?

My triceps are very full and defined naturally, which I love.


Do you enjoy performing onstage?

I absolutely love getting on stage. It's an adrenalin rush like nothing else that I have experienced!


I'm sure you get noticed in public because of your physique. What is the strangest question someone has asked you or the strangest incident you've experienced?

I was asked if I do crossfit from a random person at Walmart the other day. It's not that strange of a question, but he was wanting to know how I got in such good shape, which was a nice compliment.


Tell us what a typical day is like for you.

I workout twice a day, I grocery shop, hangout with family, and try to relax on my days off. I only make it to the gym once a day during my work week. I work three, 12-hour night shifts in a row. On those days if I’m not at work or at the gym, I’m sleeping.


What's one thing about you that people would be surprised to know?

One of my favorite things about training is cardio. I was a distance runner so I love the endurance and the anxiety relief that I get from it. Most competitors dread cardio. I think this gives me an advantage in my contest prep.


Where can we see more of you?




See Crystal's video clip on YouTube and second clip on YouTube2.



Crystal Steffler - Bikini C Champ

Crystal Steffler


The Emerald Cup continues its tradition of excellence year after year. Visit the Craig Productions website for Emerald Cup results and information on upcoming events.

Follow the Emerald Cup on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment